Thursday, February 28, 2008

DOWN WITH THE FLU


Status: SICK

Doing: Writing this blog; surfing the net; answering e-mails; taking it easy

Watching: Nothing on the RTN channel. (Retro Television Network.)

Listening to: "Carbine [Escape Mix]" by Nokturnal Transmission's (Blue Amazon)
Reading: Kushiel's Scion by Jacqueline Carey (Page 173)--haven't read this book in a month


TOPIC: SICK
Okay. So it's official. After 3 years of not having the flu--I get waxed by a strain called the Brisbane N1-H5 rhino virus--which is not covered by this year's vaccine; against the current strains.
As a result, I've been out sick this week--and thus no writing. Nothing on Stories of the Dead Earth--Book 3: Jasper (left off on Chapter 27.
I've been taking it easy--doing little more than resting and relaxing. I've reduced my weight training to 3 sets instead of 5 for the week. (But power lifting has become troublesome--because of the weakness and achiness prevalent in my body.)
My e-mails have backed up some, and I still have to post a chapter my novel, The Price of Freedom on my other blogger account. I might be able to get one done with my Stories of the Dead Earth saga.
I dunno. I was pretty backed up last month and didn't post. This month? Well, welcome to the flu.
After my 2 week vacation (ending on March 16th), I have to get cracking on completing Starchild Duel and then start Starchild Ruin.
I know what I said before about my current housing situation, but I promised some people that I would end POF on a good note--if things go sour this summer.
But the book is far from being completed--as predicted. I'm still on Chapter 190.
So until then, I have lots of hot tea and honey to chug down, plus this persistent bladder infection and more kidney stones to worry about. (Passed another one last night--making it two for the week.)
Sky