Friday, April 10, 2009

FITS AND STARTS

Status: Living with the in-laws. (Week 13)

Watching: Stargate Continuum.

Listening to: Nothing.

Reading: Books, books, and more books!

TOPIC: SOMEWHERE...A CHARACTER IS SCREAMING AT ME.

I dunno.

For the past couple of months, I've been trying to write a novel--Starchild Crossfire--and not getting anywhere with it as a result.

I strongly suspect that my living situation is at the core of my writing difficulties, but I am also finding that I miss writing on our PC.

All of my books are still stored there and I desperately want to continue writing, but I'm finding that I cannot.

The past several months has been a bit of test of both wills and chaos--making me wish that I was somewhere's else entirely.

But that hasn't been so and I've been forced to make do.

I have something like 60 to 70 pages completed, but nothing seems to be working as I originally thought--forcing me to start over a number of times already.

I have a strong suspicion that I'll continue making mistakes and false starts with the book until we get into our new apartment. (Least, that's the plan.)

But what I want is a good beginning for the novel. That's all I'm concerned about at the moment.

Schuyler Thorpe