Tuesday, April 15, 2008

WISH I COULD GET PAID SICK LEAVE HERE!



Status: You guessed it: I'M SICK.

Doing: Playing on my new Disgaea 2 game I purchased a few months back. (This game is sooo twisted.)
Listening to: The Cars: Greatest Hits CD
Reading: Kushiel's Scion. Page 252.
TOPIC: ....(someone give me a barf bag! QUICK!)
Several days ago I was hit with the flu. Or something like that. Intense pressure in my neck, the base of my skull...in my head...plus a raging fever and an urge to sleep more than I'm used to. (Not to mention my ears being clogged--like I've gone up a few atmospheres and someone forgot to decompress me on the way back.)
As a consequence, I haven't been in any real contact with anyone in my groups (save for a few people today), or done any serious writing on my Starchild Duel novel. Please forgive my lack of participation--but I've called in sick this week.
Until I get better. (Burping up grapes here.)
Thankfully, I had a little money left over from this past week's contributions and I had my wife (April) run to Wal-Mart to get me some cold medicine and decongestant. (The rest I dumped into paying another chunk of my Verizon bill off. I've got something like $53 left on it--after they gave me some new numbers. But that's not including next month's new addition. Still? That's better than $132.)
Let's just say that both helped me be a little better coordinated, but I'm still feeling like road kill at the moment. I won't be making a run to the doctor's unless I absolutely have to.
I was going to post a couple more interesting things today in this blog, but I haven't had the energy or the strength to do much of anything.
So please bear with me.
Sky