Tuesday, October 16, 2007

TUESDAY TIDBITS.

Status: Currently writing on The Vampiress Hunter--Chapter 4.

Doing: Writing this blog; surfing the net; answering e-mails; working out. (Not to mention bleeding from passing of more kidney stones.)

Watching: Rick Steve's Europe on PBS.

Listening to: "Cowgirl" by Underworld; "Head Like A Hole" by Devo; "The Touch" by Stan Bush

Reading: Reunion by Michael Jan Friedman


TOPIC: GETTING BACK ON THE HORSE


Yeah. It sucks.

Being set back from your goals.

But I am not going to let these problems hinder me from delivering one kick-ass novel.

The Starchild will be published--whether I have something to say about it or not.

So, to get things going again, I have begun Chapter 5 of The Vampiress Hunter. (If I can only stop from hitting the G-key every time I try to spell the last part of the title...? Sigh...)

Anyway, some deviations from the norm about vampires so far:

  • Maria likes cats and has one of her own. His name is Sebastian. And he's a bug-eater extraordinaire

  • She watches TV.

  • She also eats. What, I'll have to invent. (If she likes chocolate--then she likes other things--right? Does this make her a true vampire? I dunno. Quite frankly, I enjoy bending the classic genres and breaking them a little. Gives people something new to look forward to.) But it's not moshing on blood packets--like they show in the movies, shows, and whatnot.

More in a bit.