Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A PREVIEW FOR MY ZOMBIE NATION BOOK SERIES

Status: Currently writing on The Price of Freedom; Zombie Nation: Outbreak Zero

Doing: Writing this blog; surfing the net; working out

Watching: KIRO 7 News

Listening to: "Storm Trooper in Drag" by Gary Numan; "Born to Be Hated" by Hocico; "Annie Would I Lie to You" by Iris

Reading: Resistance by J.M. Dillard (ST-TNG)


TOPIC: ZOMBIE ALERT!

Okay. You know the drill ladies and gentlemen!

Drop and give me 40! (lol)

Seriously.

Nah. I'm just joking. No one needs to do push ups if they don't want to.

Anyone know how to get rid of zombies? You know: Those fun-loving, evil-looking, dead guys we always hate, fear, and love?

I decided to embark on a Halloween tradition--apart from my normal day to day postings of my books--and give the horror angle a whirl.

So starting in October, I'm going to be posting chapter drafts of both my Vampiress Hunter novel, and this new Zombie Nation: Outbreak Zero series on my skysbooksonline group. Two novels--one running for two weeks at a time.

As part of the Halloween tradition.

Zombie Nation: Outbreak Zero is the first novel--and I haven't figured out what the storyline is overall or how long it will be.

But the premise is sound: A deadly virus pops up in South America--causing people to die at an astounding rate. But a meteorite hitting outside a local village is also causing people there to get sick and die of a mysterious illness. Now, whether or not the two are connected--remains to be seen.

But the dead start to come--taking over the continent and then spreading north at an alarming rate.

Anyway, I'm not too worried about the particulars. The novel is being written in a first-person perspective--like my Stories of the Dead Earth (not a zombie saga, but one that is an extremely cool fantasy series)--features a 15-year-old heroine, and has a lot of suspense and horror.

And maybe some comical wit penned throughout.

And no, this has nothing to do with the Andromeda Strain. It's just something which came up out of the blue--from a dream of mine a couple months ago. (The kind that you can't get rid of.)

Also, a recent news article helped fuel things a bit for the book--so I included that in the opening chapter.