Tuesday, September 4, 2007

TUESDAY RUMBLINGS

Status: On vacation

Doing: Writing this blog

Watching: PBS's Rick Steve's Europe series (TV's on mute)

Listening to: "Emotional" by Falco; Final Fantasy 7 JENOVAD Trance OC Remix

State of Office: Worse than New Orleans is at the moment; expect a cleanup on Aisle 4 later tonight.



TOPIC: Author Introductions


Oh god! What have I done?!?

Created another blog using one of my other Yahoo! accounts. (It seems as though blogger doesn't want me to use the same account for a different blog. I'll have to talk to them about that--whenever they get off their butts to...you know...do something about it.)

Had to use my Foundation Aerospace one to get this thing to work. (lol)

Yeah...this could be a bad idea. I mean think about it: There's hundreds of thousands of blogs already created and I just went and created hundreds of thousands plus one.

Sigh...

You think that people like me would learn by now that most readers and visitors barely have time to glimpse a blog entry these days--let alone read one.

By and far, I'm not a newbie to this. I have a ton of blogs and websites out there--but nothing dedicated to me. The reason why I haven't done that is because I value my privacy.

I'm not talking about internet privacy because that's been pretty much blown out of the water. But the privacy at home and locally. I can tell you pretty much anything going on in my life on the internet--but at home?

Don't expect a miracle. It ain't going to happen. I'm simply too busy at the moment--consumed by chaos and other happenstance stuff--to stop for a moment to entertain people.

I just don't see the real point.

Don't get me wrong: I plan on becoming a successful writer.

I'm just not that much of a traditionalist--outside of roughing it. (I can create an impressive lean-two using a hack-saw, brush clippers, and about 2 rolls of rope twine.)

I don't go out there to seek a name for myself.

I hate advertising myself so openly and blatantly. (Sounds a bit fake if you ask me.)

I have my own methods. They may seem off kilter and not going according to Emily Post, but they work for me.

I just don't actively seek the limelight, the media attention, or whatever it is that drives most Hollywood powerhouses out there in the world today to severe alcoholism and prescription drugs these days.

Why? I want to be well known, but I don't be another Paris Hilton.

Her recent exploits completely turned me off to any potential media exposure for myself. If this is what it means to be part of the limelight--well, Fay Wray can have it!

I may be another Thomas Pynchon-style author whom seems to be hell bent on keeping himself out of the public eye, but this is the way that I am.

I use what resources I have afforded to me and I expect people to understand that--and be patient.

My books will come out when they are good and ready. Not when some mainstream hack demands that I write till my fingers bleed, or my head falls off.

I spent a long time on some of my books, but it wasn't because I was slow at it.

I just didn't see the need to rush.

I know the mainstream is in the business of rushing things and they are good at it--I'll grant them that--but for me, the art of writing isn't to rush. It's to tell a story in the only way that I can.

And it does take awhile to work the bugs out.

In the meantime, I plan on writing, promoting and advertising, and just going the way that's been pointed to me all these years.

Sometimes, you have a live a little bit before you can sit down and write about what you've seen.