Wednesday, August 27, 2008

NEW MARCHING ORDERS ARE FINALLY IN? (33 DAYS LEFT)

Status: Packing up still. We have about 92% of the heavy stuff boxed up.

I also wrote a few more pages on The Vampiress Hunter today. A little happier I can write, but it doesn't take the heavy apprehensiveness that I am feeling right now.

Watching: Nothing.

Listening to: Taped music. "Red Phoenix"--by Decoded Feedback

Reading: Kushiel's Scion. Page 555.

TOPIC: GODS...HOW I HATE THIS...

Can't say that I'm all overjoyed by the latest news we got from housing. (Three weeks after the fact.)

They didn't count the amount my mother-in-law gave my wife over the past year ($217) against me as "income"--but the new housing voucher numbers leaves me with a bit of a conundrum: Can we realistically stay here by moving into a one-bedroom?

Will housing allow us to?

But either way, we're screwed six ways till the start of the next century.

That's for sure.

I have to prepare for all types of contingencies. I can't just wait until housing gives us the all clear--which could take another week.

At least I know now that I have to get a storage unit. And the bigger...the better. (We have a lot more stuff than I thought.)

I wrote a little more on The Vampiress Hunter--giving Marlena a date for the night.

At least she's having better luck than her is creator at the moment. :9(

(It bites when your book characters have it better than you do.)

Sky