Friday, August 15, 2008

OF ALL THE STUPID THINGS TO FORGET!

Status: Screwed, blued, and tatooed.

Doing: Packing, packing, and...panicking. (Still. What would you expect when you have only six weeks left to get the schmuck out of Dodge?)

Watching: The sun set with temps in the low 80s. (We're in the middle of a mini-heatwave at the moment.)

Listening to: "She Sells Sanctuary"--by The Cult.

Reading: Kushiel's Scion. Page 555.

TOPIC: BRAIN-DEAD AS USUAL.

Three years or so ago, I started buying containers at Wal-Mart--after we started seeing the writing on the wall that we would either have to move or be homeless.

Never once did I think that we would also be using packing boxes as well! lol

I envisioned that we would get everything into plastic containers long before we had to do anything. I wanted to graduate from using boxes for the first time ever and wanted something that held up better than cardboard.

But over the last 3 years, I did what I could with the containers. True, I got most of everything in them, but we still had a lot left over.

Buying packing tape never entered my mind. Not the least bit.

So--in my haste--I checked to see what we had for stores. Only two rolls so far; which we are using sparingly until I get my check on the 3rd of next month; which happens to be my next vascular appointment.

The trouble was--this is a rescheduled one. I had forgotten what time my appointment was and showed up 1.5 hours late. (My excuse? Well, you're looking at it: All the packing has caused us both to become very frazzled here.)

On a side note, I'm going to be giving out my new mailing address--so that people can contact me.

One on myspace, one on this blog, and one on my Yahoo! 360 page and also on Quick Topic. (Where my daily diary is being kept.)

This will be posted on or about the 5th of September. (If we can't secure something from housing first. The one-bedroom unit is looking less and less likely. But possibly, we could get into a renovated bottom-floor 2-bedroom unit. However, don't discount this being a lifesaver for the two of us. Housing still has to approve the rent amount. And if so, it could only buy us--at the most--another year here. After that, we won't be able to stay no matter what befalls us.)

After that, anyone is free to stay in touch with me and my wife.

Sky