Thursday, July 31, 2008

OH YEAH...THIS IS GOING TO BE FUN!

Status: In the middle of a housing crisis and not able to write on anything.

Doing: Taking a break from all this running around.

Watching: The $155 HD TV that I just bought in January (and died in April) is going to the trash heap. So don't bother even asking. I'm still pissed off about that! :0(

Listening to: Taped music.

Reading: Kushiel's Scion. Page 504.

TOPIC: PACKING'S A PAIN IN THE BUTT

Nevermind the fact that I wish I was a hamster, or some other avian-born creature right now.

But I feel like an overburdened mule with so much crap to pack up and move.

Tomorrow, we have to go back to Lynnwood and turn in our applications along with the first $70 of our credit check fees and then wait to see what happens afterwards.

Then we have to go back to housing and give them the notice that our management conveniently neglected to give to Section 8 on Monday.

My question is: Do I hold onto the $87 needed for the other 4 credit checks (these are for low-income housing--but still expensive nonetheless), or I do I just go about my normal business and pay my bills and my next editing fee installment?

Well...I have to pay Linda more for The Starchild. Even if I don't get it published, I'm still going to get it edited and ready for the time when I can get it ready.

Of course, I'll be like 46-years-old when this book comes out.

If I sound cynical--it's because this is just what happens when the rug gets pulled out from underneath me unexpectedly.

It turns out that the management did not want to negotiate for a lower rent price by a measley $20. They were asking for $970 and the housing people wanted $950. But like I said before? This place isn't worth even half that amount. I'd say...roughly...$600 minimum for this 2-bedroom unit.

I've seen better units and believe me...they are worth the $900. But they also have other amenities and other stuff.

This complex doesn't even have a pool. Not even a weight-room.

So how can they justify such a dramatic rent increase in the past several years?

Simple:

They simply chalk it up to market prices and set things accordingly.

But this complex isn't worth that much money. They tried selling this enterprise for $7.2 million a few years ago. Some poor schmuck must've bought it--because we have new management; for the umpteenth time in the past 8 years.

But instead of improving the surrounding areas and giving each unit a major face lift (instead of a simple paint over and some cheap-looking countertops to cover up the neglect that this place had to endure for years on end...?) and some real-time amenities, they just continued the same lack of good maintenance and low-bidding to the cheapest contractor or other business outlets which my wife and I have seen come and go since 2000. (How do you explain the reason behind us waiting 3 years for new window screens?)

If I had the fucking money and I could do whatever the fuck I wanted...?

I WOULD'VE RAZED THIS PLACE TO THE GROUND--BULLDOZED EVERYTHING--AND STARTED THE HELL OVER!!!

If I'm going to be charging people $900+ a month, I'm going to give them their money's worth and then some!

This cheap-assed crap of an apartment complex is only supposed to be a Wal-Mart speciality! What the hell are they doing competing with a corporation that likes to pay their workers substandard wages and secretly employs illegal immigrants from Mexico?

THAT'S PLAGIARISM! LOL

Sky